Wednesday 26 February 2014

To my daughter Kyra

I love you,

Do you know what that means?

Do you know,

Only God will take that away?

Do you know,

I'll always be by your side,

Protecting you from others,

And even when you slide?

I scold you.

Pick on you,

More than you like

But, it's because I love you.

You'll hear a lot of things,

From friends and family,

About how I raise you,

Remember, I'm your daddy.

My job,

Is more than being your friend.

It's ensuring you do the right thing,

Even in the face of adversity.

You carry part of me

Within you.

I carry part of you,

Within me.

We are intertwined

Beyond the name we share.

Bonded by heavenly favor,

This world can never touch.

I love you,

Do you know what that means?

It means through thick and thin,

I'll always be by your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment